VaLe'S bLoG...

Monday, October 09, 2006

→ My Worst Birthday←

On my 9th birthday, I invited some friends to a “wonderful” island to pass the night for my birthday celebration. I invited about 7 or 8 friends because some of them were sick, and some didn’t have permission, so they couldn’t go.(1)When my mom made the reservations, she was told that the hotel was very neat. When we were getting there,(2) we played, we ate, and we danced. (3)Oh, we were very surprised!The hotel was instead of divine, horrible.

The rooms didn't have any airconditioning, one of the rooms had a bee nest in it, and there was a dog sleeping on th front desk! Since there was no food, we had to eat in a nearby restaurant. In that restaurant, (4)we ate fish,rice, and coke. After we ate, we decided to see the pool. The only thing that was acceptable in the hotel was the pool, although it was a bit murky. (5)Diving into the pool, we took pictures of each other in the air. (6) Whenever somebody is taking a picture, I stay away, because I am not photogenic at all. The party lasted for one night in the island, and we had lots of fun at night. Because in the birthday card I told them to bring skates, at night, when it was pitch dark, we decided to "explore" the island by going through it (7) by running, by skating, and some walking. The next day, we returned late to our homes. The return trip wasn't as calm as the other one, because there were (8)huge,abnormal sized,killer waves moving the boat.

At the end, we didn't have so much fun as we expected to. Some people were even dissapointed in my party. That is why I can't say it was one of my best parties, although I can say it was my worst!

1: prepositional phrases
2: independent clauses
3: yes, no interjection
4: series of objects
5: participial phrases
6: Adverb clause
7: Phrases
8: modifiers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home